Section: Acts done, rights acquired, etc., under repealed acts not affected by repeal
11. Additional matters regarding contracts for the provision and performance of goods and services.
(1) The contracting units entering into a joint agreement pursuant to section 10 of P.L.1971, c.198 (C.40A:11-10) may designate a joint contracting agent.
(2) Contracts made pursuant to a joint purchasing agreement shall be subject to all of the terms and conditions of this act.
(3) Any contracting unit serving as a joint contracting agent pursuant to this section, may make an appropriation to enable it to perform any such contract and may anticipate as revenue payments to be made and received by it from any other party to the agreement. Any items so included in a local budget shall be subject to the approval of the Director, Division of Local Government Services, who shall consider the matter in conjunction with the requirements of chapter 4 of Title 40A of the New Jersey Statutes. The agreement and any subsequent amendment or revisions thereto shall be filed with the Director of the Division of Local Government Services in the Department of Community Affairs.
(4) Any joint contracting agent so designated pursuant to a joint purchasing agreement shall have the sole responsibility to comply with the provisions of section 23 of P.L.1971, c.198 (C.40A:11-23).
(5) The governing bodies of two or more contracting units or boards of education or for purposes related to the distribution of electricity, the governing bodies of two or more contracting units providing electrical distribution services pursuant to R.S.40:62-12 through R.S.40:62-25, may by resolution establish a cooperative pricing system as hereinafter provided. Any such resolution shall establish procedures whereby one participating contracting unit in the cooperative pricing system shall be empowered to advertise and receive bids to provide prices for all other participating contracting units in such system for the provision or performance of goods or services; provided, however, that no contract shall be awarded by any participating contracting unit for a price which exceeds any other price available to the participating contracting unit, or for a purchase of goods or services in deviation from the specifications, price or quality set forth by the participating contracting unit.
(6) The governing body of a county government may establish a cooperative pricing system for the voluntary use of contracting units within the county.
No vendor shall be required or permitted to extend bid prices to participating contracting units in a cooperative pricing system unless so specified in the bids.
No cooperative pricing system and agreements entered into pursuant to such system, or joint purchase agreements established pursuant to this act, the "Interlocal Services Act," P.L.1973, c.208 (C.40:8A-1 et seq.) or any other provision of law, shall become effective without prior approval of the Director of the Division of Local Government Services and said approval shall be valid for a period not to exceed five years.
The director's approval shall be based on the following:
(a) Provision for maintaining adequate records and orderly procedures to facilitate audit and efficient administration, and
(b) Adequacy of public disclosure of such actions as are taken by the participants, and
(c) Adequacy of procedures to facilitate compliance with all provisions of the "Local Public Contracts Law" and corresponding regulations, and
(d) Clarity of provisions to assure that the responsibilities of the respective parties are understood.
Failure of the Director of the Division of Local Government Services to approve or disapprove a properly executed and completed application to establish a cooperative pricing system and agreements entered into pursuant to such system or other joint purchase agreement within 45 days from the date of receipt of said application by the director shall constitute approval of said application, which shall be valid for a period of five years, commencing from the date of receipt of said application by the director.
The Director of the Division of Local Government Services is hereby authorized to promulgate rules and regulations specifying procedures pertaining to cooperative pricing systems and joint purchase agreements entered into pursuant to this act, the "Interlocal Services Act," P.L.1973, c.208 (C.40:8A-1 et seq.) and any other provision of law.
L.1971,c.198,s.11; amended 1975, c.353, s.9; 1977, c.53, s.6; 1979, c.420; 1991, c.143, s.4; 1995, c.356, s.8; 1999, c.440, s.17.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.