Section: Partial unconstitutionality
10. Joint agreements for provision and performance of goods and services; cooperative marketing; authorization.
(a) (1) The governing bodies of two or more contracting units may provide by joint agreement for the provision and performance of goods and services for use by their respective jurisdictions.
(2) The governing bodies of two or more contracting units providing sewerage services pursuant to the "sewerage authorities law," P.L.1946, c.138 (C.40:14A-1 et seq.), the "municipal and county utilities authorities law," P.L.1957, c.183 (C.40:14B-1 et seq.), R.S.58:14-1 et seq. or R.S.40:63-68 et seq. may provide by joint agreement for the purchase of goods and services related to sewage sludge disposal.
(3) The governing body of two or more contracting units providing electrical distribution services pursuant to and in accordance with R.S.40:62-12 through R.S.40:62-25, may provide by joint agreement for the provision or performance of goods or services related to the distribution of electricity.
(4) The governing bodies of two or more contracting units may provide for the cooperative marketing of recyclable materials recovered through a recycling program.
(5) The governing bodies of two or more contracting units may provide by joint agreement for the purchase of the services of a private aggregator for the purpose of facilitating the joint action of two or more municipalities in granting municipal consent for the provision of cable television service pursuant to R.S.40:48-1 et seq. and the "Cable Television Act," P.L.1972, c.186 (C.48:5A-1 et seq.) as amended and supplemented.
(b) The governing body of any contracting unit may provide by joint agreement with the board of education of any school district for the provision and performance of goods and services for use by their respective jurisdictions.
(c) Such agreement shall be entered into by resolution adopted by each of the participating bodies and boards, which shall set forth the categories of goods or services to be provided or performed, the manner of advertising for bids and of awarding of contracts, the method of payment by each participating body and board, and other matters deemed necessary to carry out the purposes of the agreement.
(d) Each participating body's and board's share of expenditures for purchases under any such agreement shall be appropriated and paid in the manner set forth in the agreement and in the same manner as for other expenses of the participating body and board.
L.1971,c.198,s.10; amended 1977, c.182; 1985, c.452, s.1; 1991, c.143, s.3; 1995, c.103, s.5; 1995, c.356, s.7; 1999, c.440, s.16; 2003, c.38, s.2.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.