Section: Acts done, rights acquired, etc., under repealed acts not affected by repeal
5. a. Each customer receiving an access device shall be furnished by the respective issuer thereof with written notice of basic safety precautions to be employed while using an automated teller machine. This information shall be furnished by personally delivering or by mailing the information to each customer whose mailing address as to the account to which the access device relates is in the State of New Jersey. This information shall be furnished to each customer who has an access device on the day prior to the effective date of this act, within 60 days after the effective date of this act and to each customer provided with an access device on or after the effective date of this act, at the same time the customer is provided with the access device. Only one notice need be furnished per household; and if an access device is furnished to more than one customer for a single account or set of accounts or on the basis of a single application or other request for more than one access device, only a single notice need be furnished in satisfaction of the notification responsibilities as to all such customers. The information may be included with other disclosures related to the access device furnished to the customer, such as with any initial or periodic disclosure statement or notice furnished pursuant to the federal "Electronic Fund Transfer Act," 15 U.S.C. s.1693 et seq., and shall be furnished annually thereafter.
b. An issuer of an access device shall be deemed to be in compliance with the requirement of subsection a. of this section to provide a customer with basic safety precaution information if the notice advises customers of the following:
(1) To be alert to their surroundings and to defer transactions if circumstances cause them to be apprehensive for their safety;
(2) To close the entry door of any automated teller machine facility equipped with a door;
(3) To place withdrawn cash securely upon the person before exiting any automated teller machine facility;
(4) To direct complaints concerning automated teller machine security to an appropriate department of the operator or to the Department of Banking; and
(5) The telephone number of the operator and the Department of Banking.
c. Operators shall maintain, in the vicinity of an automated teller machine, and in any automated teller machine facility, a clearly visible sign, which shall be deemed to comply with the requirements of this section if it includes the information contained in paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection b. of this section.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.