Section: Words and phrases defined
As used in this act:
a. "Fissionable source material" means
(1) Mineral ore which is extracted or processed with the intention of permitting the product to become or to be further processed into fuel for nuclear fission reactors or weapons; or
(2) Mineral ore which contains uranium or thorium in concentrations which might reasonably be expected to permit economically profitable conversion or processing into fuel for nuclear fission reactors or weapons;
b. "Reconnaissance" means
(1) A geologic and mineral resource appraisal of a region by searching and analyzing published literature, aerial photography and geologic maps; or
(2) Use of geophysical, geochemical, and remote sensing techniques that do not involve road building, land clearing, the use of explosives, or the introduction of chemicals to a land or water area; or
(3) Surface geologic, topographic or other mapping and property surveying; or
(4) Sample collections which do not involve excavation or drilling equipment, the use of explosives or the introduction of chemicals to the land or water area.
L.1981, c. 130, s. 2, eff. May 4, 1981.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.