Section: Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Plan.
10. a. The department shall review the regional management plan developed by the Northeast Interstate Low-Level Radioactive Waste Commission pursuant to Article V of P.L.1983, c.329 (C.32:31-6), and revise and update the Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Plan when, in the discretion of the department, changes in the amount or class of low-level radioactive waste generated in the region, or technological advances in the means of managing, storing, transporting, or disposing of low-level radioactive waste, so require.
b. The plan shall include, but need not be limited to:
(1) A current inventory of all low-level radioactive waste generators within the region;
(2) A current inventory of the sources, volumes, classes, and hazardous life of the low-level radioactive wastes generated within the region;
(3) Projections of the volumes, classes, and hazardous life of the low-level radioactive wastes which are expected to be generated in the region during the next 20 years; and
(4) An analysis of transportation routes and transportation costs from low-level radioactive waste generators in the region to out-of-State processing and disposal sites.
c. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2002, c.105).
d. The department shall establish and maintain a public information program which addresses:
(1) The nature and dimension of the low-level radioactive waste disposal problem;
(2) The need for the proper and expeditious siting of a regional low-level radioactive waste disposal facility or the need to develop other disposal or management options that will be used to manage the State's low-level radioactive waste; and
(3) The necessity and opportunities for public participation as provided herein.
e. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.2002, c.105).
L.1987,c.333,s.10; amended 2002, c.105, s.3.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.