Section: Reimbursement of costs of closure and remediation
4. a. The provisions of any other law, or rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto, to the contrary notwithstanding, any developer that enters into a redevelopment agreement pursuant to section 3 of P.L.1996, c.124 (C.13:1E-116.3), may be eligible for reimbursement of 75% of the costs of the closure and remediation of the municipal solid waste landfill pursuant to the provisions of this section upon the commencement of a business operation within a redevelopment project, the sales receipts of which are subject to the tax imposed under the "Sales and Use Tax Act," P.L.1966, c.30 (C.54:32B-1 et seq.).
b. To be eligible for reimbursement of 75% of the costs of closure and remediation, a developer shall submit an application, in writing, to the director for review and certification of the reimbursement. The director shall review the request for the reimbursement upon receipt of an application therefor, and shall approve or deny the application for certification on a timely basis.
The director shall certify a developer to be eligible for the reimbursement if the director shall find that:
(1) a place of business is located in the area subject to the redevelopment agreement for the purpose of making retail sales;
(2) non-exempt items are regularly exhibited and offered for retail sale at that location;
(3) the place of business is not utilized primarily for the purpose of catalogue or mail order sales; and
(4) the developer has entered into a memorandum of agreement with the Commissioner of Environmental Protection for the environmentally sound and proper closure and remediation of the municipal solid waste landfill located on the site of the redevelopment project pursuant to section 5 of P.L.1996, c.124 (C.13:1E-116.5) and is in compliance with the memorandum of agreement.
c. When filing an application for certification for a reimbursement pursuant to this section, the developer shall submit to the director a certification of the total closure and remediation costs incurred by the developer for the closure and remediation of the municipal solid waste landfill located at the site of the redevelopment project as provided in the redevelopment agreement.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.