Section: Short title.
1. The Department of Environmental Protection shall compile information and maintain records concerning the review of, and actions taken on, permit applications filed with the department, including, but not limited to, the following information:
(1) the number of permit applications received;
(2) the number of permits issued, modified, and denied;
(3) the number of permit applications pending;
(4) the number of permit applications deemed complete but not issued, modified, or denied;
(5) the status of all permit applications related to the same project or regulated activity undertaken, conducted, or engaged in by the applicant;
(6) the average period of time that elapses between the receipt of a permit application and an administrative review of the application for completeness;
(7) the average period of time that elapses between an administrative review of a permit application for completeness and its being deemed complete;
(8) the average period of time that elapses between a permit application being deemed complete and the issuance, modification, or denial of the permit;
(9) the average total period of time that elapses between the receipt of a permit application and the issuance, modification, or denial of the permit; and
(10) the number of personnel in each permit program assigned to review each type of permit.
To the extent practicable, the information required under this section shall be provided by class or category of permit, as established pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1991, c.423 (C.13:1D-105).
For purposes of this act:
"Permit" shall have the same meaning as in section 1 of P.L.1991, c.421 (C.13:1D-101).
"Administrative review" means a review to determine if all of the information identified on a checklist, which is required for a permit application to be deemed complete, has been submitted to the department.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.