CHILDREN--JUVENILE AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS COURTS
: Chapter 3
- 37 : Liberal construction; rights of affected persons.
- 38 : Definitions.
- 39.1 : Offering, assisting in the placement of child for adoption, conditions.
- 40 : Qualification of agencies for approval.
- 40.10 : Adoption agencies located out-of-State.
- 40.1 : Denial, suspension, revocation, refusal to renew agency's certificate on character requisites.
- 40.2 : Definitions relative to adoption agencies.
- 40.3 : Criminal history record background check for staff members of adoption agency.
- 40.4 : Request for criminal history record background check by agency.
- 40.5 : Disqualification of staff member for employment.
- 40.6 : Convincing evidence of rehabilitation.
- 40.7 : Immunity from liability relative to disclosure of information by agency.
- 40.8 : Child abuse record information check by agency.
- 40.9 : Agency established after effective date, request for child abuse record information check for all staff members.
- 41 : Surrender of child
- 41.1 : Provision of available information on child's development to prospective parent.
- 42 : Jurisdiction in Chancery, venue
- 43 : Instituting adoption actions; qualifications
- 43.1 : Conditions for recognizing foreign adoptions, certain circumstances.
- 43.2 : Force of final judgment of adoption in a foreign jurisdiction, certain circumstances.
- 44 : Filing of complaint
- 45 : Notice of complaint to parents.
- 45.1 : Rules, regulations.
- 45.2 : Resource family relative, parent, notice, right to be heard.
- 46 : Objection to adoption.
- 47 : Action on complaint for adoption of child received from approved agency.
- 48 : Action on complaint for adoption of child not received from approved agency.
- 49 : Age 10 or older, hearing appearance, child's wishes
- 50 : Entry of judgment of adoption, effect; inheritance rights
- 51 : Judgments of adoption; records
- 52 : Records of proceedings
- 53 : Costs of proceedings
- 54.1 : Rules, regulations.
- 54.2 : Home study; fingerprint and criminal data.
- 55 : Report of prospective parents.
- 56 : Severability
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.