STATE GOVERNMENT, DEPARTMENTS AND OFFICERS
: Chapter 9M
- 1 : State Commission of Investigation.
- 1.1 : Terms of member appointed after December 1, 1978.
- 1.2 : Terms of members of the State Commission of Investigation serving on or appointed after the effective date of P.L.2005, c.58 (C.52:9M-1.2 et al)
- 1.3 : Limitation on terms of certain members.
- 2 : Duties and powers
- 3 : Investigation of removal of public officers and recommendations on administration and enforcement of law
- 4 : Investigation of departments or agencies
- 4.1 : Public hearing; notice to President of Senate and Speaker of General Assembly
- 4.2 : Advice to Governor and legislature of recommendations
- 4.3 : Recommendations concerning pending bill or resolution; advice to sponsor and chairman of standing legislative committee
- 5 : Cooperation with law enforcement officials
- 6 : Investigations of federal law violations
- 7 : Law enforcement problems extending into other states
- 8 : Referral of certain information to Attorney General, exceptions
- 8.1 : Written notice to Attorney General of intention to issue report
- 9 : Commission employees; appointment removal, compensation, status
- 10 : Annual, interim reports to Governor, Legislature
- 11 : Commission to keep public informed
- 12 : Commission's powers; witnesses
- 12.1 : Witnesses at hearing, rights, notice, statement
- 12.2 : Notification to person criticized; response.
- 13 : Construction of sections 2 through 12 of act
- 14 : Cooperation and assistance of state departments and agencies
- 15 : Disclosure of information, violation, penalties; privilege, certain; OPRA not applicable.
- 16 : Exhibits; impounding by court
- 17 : Grant of immunity to criminal prosecution or penalty; contempt; incarceration
- 17.1 : Failure to answer questions after order; penalty
- 18 : Partial invalidity
- 20 : Special committee established in June of 2000
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.