THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
: Chapter 58
- 1 : Registration of manufacturers and wholesale dealers of firearms
- 2 : Retailing of firearms; licensing of dealers and their employees.
- 2.1 : Guidelines for delivery of handguns
- 2.2 : Findings, declarations relative to sale of handguns.
- 2.3 : Reports as to availability of personalized handguns.
- 2.4 : List of personalized handguns.
- 2.5 : Sale of personalized handguns, inapplicability.
- 2.6 : Rules, regulations.
- 3 : Purchase of firearms.
- 3.1 : Temporary transfer of firearms
- 3.2 : Temporary transfer of firearm for training purposes
- 3.3 : "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.
- 3.4 : Exemption on restriction of purchase of handguns.
- 4 : Permits to carry handguns
- 4.1 : Employee of armored car company; application; letter from chief executive officer
- 5 : Licenses to possess and carry machine guns and assault firearms
- 6.1 : Possession of firearms by minors; exceptions
- 7 : Persons possessing explosives or destructive devices to notify police
- 8 : Certain wounds and injuries to be reported
- 9 : Certain convictions to be reported
- 10 : Incendiary or tracer ammunition
- 12 : Registration of assault firearms
- 13 : Transfer of assault firearm to another; rendering inoperable; voluntarily surrendering
- 14 : Annual report on assault firearms
- 15 : Minor's access to a loaded firearm; penalty, conditions
- 16 : Retailer's written warnings; wholesaler's warning; violation, penalty
- 17 : "KeepSafe" program established
- 18 : Report on KeepSafe program
- 19 : Report of loss, theft of firearm within 36 hours; violations, penalties.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.