Section: Approval required for closing of office of foreign bank
1. a. There is created in the Division of Housing and Community Resources in the Department of Community Affairs the "Main Street New Jersey" program as a comprehensive revitalization program to promote the historic and economic redevelopment of traditional business districts in the State. The purpose of the program shall be to provide small business assistance services to local downtown communities, including business owners and entrepreneurs, with a long-term goal of revitalizing local downtown areas.
b. The Department of Community Affairs shall administer the "Main Street New Jersey" program created under subsection a. of this section. The duties of the department in implementing this program shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1) employment, in the State classified service, of a State Coordinator and staff for the "Main Street New Jersey" program;
2) entering into contracts with the National Main Street Center and others to assist in accomplishing the program's objectives and provide technical assistance to the "Main Street New Jersey" program and local programs;
3) development of a plan, with the assistance of the Main Street New Jersey Advisory Board established pursuant to section 5 of P.L.2001, c.238 (C.52:27D-456), describing the objectives of the "Main Street New Jersey" program and detailing the methods by which the department shall coordinate the activities of the program with private and public sector revitalization of downtown business areas, solicit and use private sector funding for revitalization of downtown areas, and help municipalities engage in revitalization of their downtown business areas; and
4) coordination and cooperation with other State and local public and private entities that provide services to municipalities undertaking projects for the revitalization of downtown business areas.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.