Section: Exemptions from inspection.
12. a. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this act, a dwelling unit shall not be subject to inspection and evaluation or subject to any fees for the presence of lead-based paint hazards if the unit:
(1) has been certified to be free of lead-based paint;
(2) was constructed during or after 1978;
(3) is a seasonal rental unit which is rented for less than six months' duration each year;
(4) has been certified as having a lead-free interior by a certified inspector; or
(5) is occupied by the owner of the dwelling unit.
b. In a common interest community, any inspection fee charged shall be the responsibility of the unit owner and not the homeowners' association unless the association is the owner of the unit.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.