Section: Utilization of County Homelessness Trust Fund.
6. a. Each county shall utilize its County Homelessness Trust Fund with the advice of the County Homelessness Trust Fund Task Force for the operation of a homeless housing grant program. This program is established in order to provide:
(1) for the acquisition, construction, or rehabilitation of housing projects or units within housing projects that supply permanent affordable housing for homeless persons or families, including those at risk of homelessness;
(2) rental assistance vouchers, including tenant and project based subsidies, for affordable housing projects or units within housing projects that provide permanent affordable housing for homeless persons or families, including those at risk of homelessness;
(3) supportive services as may be required by homeless individuals or families in order to obtain or maintain, or both, permanent affordable housing; and
(4) prevention services for at risk homeless individuals or families so that they can obtain and maintain permanent affordable housing.
b. Grants awarded by the governing body of the county shall be used to support projects that:
(1) measurably reduce homelessness;
(2) demonstrate government cost savings over time;
(3) employ evidence-based models;
(4) can be replicated in other counties;
(5) include an outcome measurement component;
(6) are consistent with the local homeless housing plan; or
(7) fund the acquisition, construction, or rehabilitation projects that will serve homeless individuals or families for a period of at least 30 years or the equal to the longest term of affordability required by other funding sources.
c. Each county that has established a County Homelessness Trust Fund shall transmit information concerning the uses of the funds to the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency in accordance with requirements established by that agency.
L.2009, c.123, s.6.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.