Section: Developer to offer to install solar energy system.
4. a. Where technically feasible, as determined by the commissioner in consultation with the Board of Public Utilities, a developer shall offer to install, or to provide for the installation of, a solar energy system into a dwelling unit when a prospective owner enters into negotiations with the developer to purchase a dwelling unit.
b. A developer shall disclose in any advertising, in a manner and form determined by the commissioner pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.):
(1) that a prospective owner may have a solar energy system installed in any dwelling unit;
(2) the total cost of installing a solar energy system into a dwelling unit that will be charged to the owner by the developer;
(3) general information on the environmental benefits of, and potential energy cost savings associated with, solar energy systems; and
(4) information concerning any applicable credits, rebates, or other incentives that may be available for the installation of solar energy systems, as provided to the developer by the commissioner and the Board of Public Utilities pursuant to subsection b. of section 7 of this act.
L.2009, c.33, s.4.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.