Section: Violations, penalties for unlawful disclosure of genetic information
15. a. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a creditor that institutes a mortgage foreclosure action in the Superior Court of New Jersey shall report to the Department of Banking and Insurance, on a quarterly basis and on a form promulgated by the department, information about the number of mortgage foreclosure actions filed by the creditor in the State.
(2) When a creditor or other person is required by any Rule of Court or otherwise by law to file electronically with the Superior Court of New Jersey pleadings in an action to foreclose on a mortgage, and the Administrative Office of the Courts is capable of collecting and transmitting the data set forth in paragraphs (1) through (8) of subsection b. of this section in electronic form, the creditor or other person shall transmit the data to the Superior Court, in a manner prescribed by the Superior Court, as part of the pleadings in an action to foreclose a mortgage. The Administrative Office of the Courts shall collect the electronically submitted data and transmit it to the Department of Banking and Insurance, which shall produce and make available on its website quarterly reports, as set forth in subsection b. of this section.
b. The Department of Banking and Insurance shall produce a report, on a quarterly basis, detailing information about mortgage foreclosures filed by creditors in each county of the State, and shall make the report available to the public on its website. The report shall describe the type of mortgage being foreclosed on based on the following categories:
(1) prime rate mortgages foreclosed upon;
(2) subprime rate mortgages foreclosed upon;
(3) fixed rate mortgages foreclosed upon;
(4) adjustable rate mortgages foreclosed upon;
(5) nonconforming mortgages, as defined by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or their successors;
(6) mortgages insured by the Federal Housing Administration foreclosed upon;
(7) mortgages insured by the Veteran's Administration foreclosed upon; and
(8) any other category of classification the department deems appropriate to effectuate the purpose of this section.
c. The Department of Banking and Insurance, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1986, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.) shall adopt regulations necessary to effectuate the purpose of this section. Following the enactment of P.L.2009, c.296 (C.2A:50-69 et al.), the department, in consultation with the Administrative Office of the Courts, shall adopt regulations necessary to effectuate the purpose of this section.
L.2008, c.127, s.15; amended 2009, c.296, s.4.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.