6. a. A creditor that issues to an eligible foreclosed borrower a notice of intention to foreclose an introductory rate mortgage pursuant to the "Fair Foreclosure Act," P.L.1995, c.244 (C.2A:50-53 et al.), shall send to the eligible foreclosed borrower a series of written notices, by regular and registered mail, separate and distinct from all other correspondence. The notices shall include in plain language and in at least 14 point bold type:
(1) A statement that the information in the notice is being provided as required by the "Save New Jersey Homes Act of 2008," P.L.2008, c.86 (C.46:10B-36 et seq.), which was enacted by the New Jersey Legislature and which provides certain rights to borrowers whose homes are the subject of a mortgage foreclosure action;
(2) A list of alternatives to foreclosure that an eligible foreclosed borrower may pursue, including any refinancing of the loan offered by the creditor and any renegotiation of loan terms offered by the creditor;
(3) An explanation of the eligible foreclosed borrower's right to obtain a period of extension for three years pursuant to the "Save New Jersey Homes Act of 2008," P.L.2008, c.86 (C.46:10B-36 et seq.), and an explanation of the procedure that an eligible foreclosed borrower must follow to obtain a period of extension;
(4) A statement that the notice should be read carefully and that the eligible foreclosed borrower may wish to consult with an attorney to understand the rights that may be available under the "Save New Jersey Homes Act of 2008," P.L.2008, c.86 (C.46:10B-36 et seq.); and
(5) A certification of extension form that can be completed by an eligible foreclosed borrower in order to obtain the period of extension authorized pursuant to section 7 of this act.
b. The notices required pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall be sent at the following intervals:
(1) within 10 days of issuing the notice of intention; and
(2) at the time that the creditor applies for entry of final judgment of foreclosure pursuant to section 6 of P.L.1995, c.244 (C.2A:50-58).
c. The notices shall be sent in envelopes that state the following information on the outside front portion of the envelope: "The New Jersey Legislature has enacted the Save New Jersey Homes Act of 2008, which may help you save your home from foreclosure. Details as to the rights you may have to obtain a period of extension of foreclosure under this new law are contained within. Please read the contents carefully. You may wish to consult with an attorney to understand your rights under this new law."
L.2008, c.86, s.6.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.