Section: Acts done, rights acquired, etc., under repealed acts not affected by repeal
The examination provided in this act shall consist of:
a. Tests of knowledge in the following areas as they pertain to the fitting of hearing aids:
(1) Basic physics of sound.
(2) The human hearing mechanism, including the science of hearing and the causes and rehabilitation of abnormal hearing and hearing disorders.
(3) Structure and function of hearing aids.
b. Tests of proficiency in the following techniques as they pertain to the fitting of hearing aids:
(1) Pure tone audiometry, including air conduction testing and bone conduction testing.
(2) Live voice or recorded voice speech audiometry, including speech reception threshold testing and speech discrimination testing.
(3) Effective masking.
(4) Recording and evaluation of audiograms and speech audiometry to determine hearing aid candidacy.
(5) Selection and adaptation of hearing aids and testing of hearing aids.
(6) Taking earmold impressions.
(7) Other skills as may be required for the fitting of hearing aids.
The tests under this section shall not include questions requiring a medical or surgical education.
L.1973, c. 19, s. 11, eff. Jan. 31, 1973.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.