Section: Public works contract not awarded without agreement and guarantee of equal opportunity.
12. a. No licensee qualified under the provisions of this act shall engage in the alarm business or in the practice of locksmithing services, unless the licensee:
(1) Maintains at least one business office within the State or files with the board a statement, duly executed and sworn to before a person authorized by the laws of this State to administer oaths, containing a power of attorney constituting the board the true and lawful attorney of the licensee upon whom all original process in an action or legal proceeding against the licensee may be served and in which the licensee agrees that the original process that may be served upon the board shall be of the same force and validity as if served upon the licensee and that the authority thereof shall continue in force so long as the licensee engages in the alarm business or in the practice of locksmithing services, as the case may be, in this State;
(2) Clearly marks the outside of each installation and service vehicle to be used in conjunction with the alarm business with the alarm business name or the outside of each installation and service vehicle to be used in conjunction with locksmithing services with the locksmithing service's name;
(3) Maintains an emergency service number attended to on a 24-hour basis and responds appropriately to emergencies on a 24-hour basis when engaged in the alarm business; and
(4) Retains at all times general liability insurance in an amount determined by the board, in consultation with the committee, and insurance coverage or a surety bond in favor of the State of New Jersey in the sum of $10,000, executed by a surety company authorized to transact business in the State of New Jersey and which is approved by the Department of Banking and Insurance, and which is to be conditioned on the faithful performance of the provisions of this act. The board shall by rule or regulation provide who shall be eligible to receive the financial protection afforded by that bond and the bond shall be in full force and effect for the term of the license issued.
b. Except in the case of an employee licensed as a locksmith, no licensed locksmith shall engage in locksmithing services unless that licensee maintains at least one business office within the State.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.