Section: Termination of orders of disposition
7. a. The director shall provide each private inspection facility with as many certificates of approval and rejection stickers as may be required and may charge the private inspection facility licensee a fee of $1 for each certificate or sticker, which fee shall be refunded for any expired or unused certificates or stickers. All fees collected pursuant to this subsection shall be paid to the State Treasurer and deposited in the "Motor Vehicle Inspection Fund" established pursuant to subsection j. of R.S.39:8-2. Every private inspection facility licensee shall:
(1) Keep such records of inspections and reinspections and of certificates and stickers issued in such form as the director may determine;
(2) Make such records available to the director upon demand;
(3) Institute such safeguards to secure the certificates and stickers from theft, loss or fraudulent use as the director may prescribe;
(4) Return any unused expired certificates or stickers to the director; and
(5) Upon request account to the director for all certificates and stickers.
b. An owner or operator of a private inspection facility that for any reason, including but not limited to theft, destruction, loss, or damage, does not upon request either promptly return or properly account for a certificate or sticker shall be liable to a civil penalty of not less than $100 for each such certificate or sticker, to be collected in a civil action commenced by the director. Any penalty imposed pursuant to this subsection may be collected with costs in a summary proceeding pursuant to "the penalty enforcement law," N.J.S. 2A:58-1 et seq. The Superior Court and the municipal court shall have jurisdiction to enforce the provisions of "the penalty enforcement law" in connection with this subsection. Any fine collected pursuant to this subsection shall be paid to the State Treasurer and deposited in the "Motor Vehicle Inspection Fund" established pursuant to subsection j. of R.S.39:8-2.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.