Section: Exemption, variation from certain laws, etc. for implementation of alternative control methods
3. a. The Fish and Game Council may authorize an exemption or variation from the following laws, rules or regulations to the extent necessary and appropriate to implement the alternative control methods set forth in an approved community based deer management plan:
(1) any provision of the State Fish and Game Code;
(2) any rule or regulation adopted by the council;
(3) the following provisions of Title 23 of the Revised Statutes: (a) R.S. 23:4-13; (b) subsections a., b. and c. of R.S.23:4-16; (c) P.L.1939, c.172 (C.23:4-24.1); (d) section 11 of P.L.1990, c.29 (C.23:4-24.1a); (e) R.S.23:4-44; (f) R.S.23:4-45; and (g )R.S.23:4-48; and
(4) the provisions of subsection c. of N.J.S. 2C:39-3.
b. The council shall authorize an exemption or variation from one or more of the laws, rules or regulations set forth in subsection a. of this section only upon a determination that the approved community based deer management plan adequately provides for the safety of the public. The council may condition the exemption or variation from one or more of the laws, rules or regulations set forth in subsection a. of this section on the implementation of one or more specific measures it determines to be reasonably necessary to ensure public safety, including but not limited to the on-site presence of law enforcement officers or on-site inspection by division personnel.
c. The council may authorize an exemption or variation from subsection c. of N.J.S. 2C:39-3 only upon the prior written approval of the county prosecutor of the county in which the municipality in which the special deer management area is located. The council may authorize an exemption or variation from R.S.23:4-13 and R.S.23:4-44 only upon the receipt of documentation that each individual authorized to administer the alternate control method possesses a valid firearm hunting license, a valid rifle permit issued by the division, and a valid New Jersey firearm purchaser identification card or proof that the person is in compliance with the applicable laws of the person's state of residence. The council may authorize an exemption or variation from subsection c. of R.S.23:4-16 only if, for public safety reasons, it is conditioned upon the road or highway being properly closed by law enforcement officers for the time authorized in the special deer management permit issued pursuant to section 4 of this act.
L.2000, c.46, s.3.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.