Section: Diverting complaints
A. One hundred or more credit unions operating under provisions of this act, or operating in this State under the provisions of the federal Credit Union Act may organize a nonprofit single corporate central credit union whose membership shall be limited to:
(1) Credit unions operating under the provisions of this act or operating in this State under the provisions of the federal Credit Union Act, and organizations composed of such credit unions;
(2) Employees of the corporate central credit union;
(3) Employees of the New Jersey Credit Union League;
(4) Persons who are members of credit unions in this State which have entered or are about to enter into voluntary or involuntary dissolution or liquidation;
(5) Children of members of any New Jersey credit union which does not provide educational loan services, may, with the approval of such credit union, become members of the corporate central credit union for the sole purpose of securing educational loans which are guaranteed by a State or federal agency, and such membership shall terminate when the educational loan is repaid;
(6) Employees of small business groups defined as having less than 100 people, which groups are located in the State of New Jersey;
(7) Any agency or association organized as a stock company, mutual association or membership corporation, or trade association which is organized to service or assist credit unions;
(8) Central credit unions operating under the provisions of the federal Credit Union Act or under the laws of any state of the United States and credit unions operating in any other state of the United States.
b. Each credit union, credit union organization, or association becoming a member of the corporate central credit union shall designate one member authorized by the board of directors as the voting representative of the credit union. Such voting representative is eligible for office in the corporate central credit union in the same manner as if he were a member thereof.
c. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.1984, c. 171.)
d. (Deleted by amendment, P.L.1984, c. 171.)
e. (Deleted by amendment, P.L. , c. .)
f. (Deleted by amendment, P.L. , c. .)
L.1968, c. 196, s. 10, eff. July 19, 1968. Amended by L.1977, c. 232, s. 9, eff. Sept. 23, 1977; L.1984, c. 171, s. 49, eff. Oct. 31, 1984.
We hope you find our tools helpful, please visit www.thelegalassistant.com for further information on our other free legal tools and products including LPO compliant legal case management software.